Updating your blog requires much of your time not to talk of having to repeat yourself on every social networking Web site you are affiliated to. Facebook allows you to import your own personal blog as notes on your profile, so you can keep your friends up-to-date without the need for unnecessary repetitiveness.
To achieve this, follow the simple steps outlined below and anytime you post on your blog it will be updated on your Facebook account.
- Log in to your Facebook account and navigate to the “My Notes” page. While there, click on “Import a Blog” in the Notes Setting box.
- On the Settings screen, enter the URL or RSS feed of your blog in the form provided, then select the box confirming your ownership rights and click the “Start Importing” link.
- Next, confirm that Facebook found the correct blog and choose to “Continue” or “Cancel” depending on the results. Note that you can’t edit external blog posts from within Facebook.
- Voila. You are now automatically posting your blog updates on your Facebook profile. Keep blogging!
You can optionally set the Privacy Level of Your Blog to filter who will be able to access your notes. To do this:
- Log in to Facebook, navigate to the “My Privacy” page, and edit the settings for the “Friends, Notes, and Facebook Development Platform” section.
- In the Notes section, use the drop-down box to select the level of privacy you want your notes to have. The default setting is that everyone on Facebook can see your notes. Be sure to ‘Save’ your changes.
- Go to the “My Notes” page and “Edit Notes Privacy.” Since you are importing your blog to Facebook, you may need to change the privacy levels of the notes if you don’t want everyone to read them.
- Choose exactly who you want to comment on or subscribe to your blog. The default is that anyone who can see your blog can post comments. You may want to turn comments off entirely, and instead divert readers to the external blog to add their comments.
Keep blogging and keep posting to your Facebook profile securely.