- Posted by Soji Adeyanju
- On August 11, 2010
- 2 Comments
- blog, website
A blog is a website in which items are posted on a regular basis and displayed in reverse chronological order. The term blog is a shortened form of weblog or web log. Blogs can range from the personal and business, to the political, and can focus on one niche subject or a whole gamut of subject matters.
WordPress is a software you can use to create your company website or blog and is the most popular blogging software in the world. You can use WordPress as a hosted platform, where you register an account and create your website/blog which will be hosted by WordPress, or as a self-hosted platform, where you download the core files of the software to install and manage on your server.
There are various reasons why a business needs a blog and some of these are to drive sales, a public relations tool, form of customer relations, to carry our research and development via feedback and suggestions, for informing and educating customers about products usage, means of internal communications, for community development, etc.
In this video at the WordCamp Boulder, the panelists discuss frequently asked questions related to business blogging. Some of these questions are:
- Is blogging really a necessity for a company?
- How do I get the most out of blogging?
- How can WordPress help to market our products or services?
- How can we make sure it actually reaches our target clients?
- What should we write about?
- How can we find content to include?
- What should we not write about or include on a business blog?